Description and Guidelines
Click to start a reply, enter a course number, then click Send.
That might be all that’s needed to renew membership and/or apply for courses using the ‘enrolment-by-email’ system!
With this system, an ‘Enrolment Application’ will be sent to each current member with an email address soon after the Program is published each Semester. A reply to this email is the quickest way to submit course applications to LMU3A.
As replies are transformed for automatic reading into our database, the following description and rules must be followed or your application will not succeed.
1. Personal Reference Code A reference code appears in the Subject line of the email. This uniquely identifies a member. It is changed periodically for security reasons.
Members can reply only to their personally addressed email, as received directly from LMU3A and as structured specifically for this system. However, a reply can be sent back to LMU3A from any email address or from any computer or device.
2. Individual checking Please check the accuracy of the information you enter before sending. Responses are not actually read by anyone.
3. Above the message It is important your reply entries are all above/at top of the original message, if present, though some system settings do not show the original message at all.
4. No changing, fixing, forwarding or editing There must be no editing of the ‘To’ field, ‘Subject’ field, or the lengthy instructions in the body text from the original message. This includes the imprints or timestamps that may appear in the reply. These must all be left intact. There must be no change to what might sometimes appear to be distorted formatting of the original text.
5. One item per entry The items in a reply must be entered separately. Each item of information must be completed on the one line before pressing the Enter key.
Inclusion of the course title after the code number is optional.
Course numbers may be entered in any order. It does not matter in what numerical sequence they are entered.
6. Simplicity The system prefers ‘bare bones’ replies with correct alphanumeric codes only. This may feel unnatural. Additional or conversational information needs to be rejected otherwise incorrect information might be registered.
7. Subscription payment method Once each year, usually for Semester 1, membership requires payment of the annual subscription. For cross-referencing our records with bank statements, the method used must be advised to us after payment has been made. Membership is deemed to be confirmed once payment is received. The preferred payment method is by Direct Deposit, and this is now assumed by your use of this email system unless you advise/have advised of a cheque payment by entering “Chq” in the reply email on a separate line.
Course Leaders are exempt from the subscription unless they participate in a course other than one they lead.
Example This is an application for enrolment in courses 246 and 567, withdrawal from course 468, and combined application and offer as Course Clerk for 131.
For examples of the way Enrolment Application replies actually appear, see: